1013B Science Hall
2001 Main St, Buffalo
The WNY Brain Bee is a high school competition designed to inspire students to learn about the human brain and motivate them to enter professions where they can treat and find cures for brain disorders. Students will be tested on their knowledge of the human brain. Topics include brain anatomy & development, neurological diseases, memory, movement, and sensation.
Format: During Round I & II, all students receive the same questions and record written answers . During Round III, students give oral responses to questions. Students compete until they have answered 3 questions incorrectly .
What can I win?:
• 1st place : Eligible to compete in the National Brain Bee. Stipend for travel expenses for winner and adult companion.
• 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place: Cash prizes
How do I prepare for the competition?
• Students should study the free primer “Brain Facts”
• Students can attend the free Brain Bee Prep Class at Canisius College
Who can participate?
• All WNY high school students in grades 9th -12th can participate.
• Registration, primer, and prep class are all free.
Registration deadline: Feb.21, 2020