4201 Genesee St
Learn what the scientific community has found out about one of the largest challenges facing society today. You will come away with engaging, hands-on activities that teach your students about our changing climate and strategies for addressing the challenge. All curricula are correlated to New York’s Learning Standards. Reserve your seat now and join us at our upcoming Understanding Climate Change Workshop.
The National Energy Education Development Project (NEED) and National Fuel are pleased to provide this free workshop for 5th-12th grade teachers. This workshop is provided through funding from National Fuel.
Just for attending this session, you will receive a class set of home energy efficiency kits, provided through funding from the National Fuel Conservation Incentive Program, that give students a chance to work with their families to save energy and combat climate change.
• Substitute Reimbursement Provided
• Lunch and Continental Breakfast Provided
• Hands-on Kits and Materials Provided
• Professional Development Credit Available
Understanding Climate Change Workshop Topics:
• CARBON CYCLE: Simulation activities that show how carbon cycles through earth’s reservoirs and how this cycle has changed through time.
• GREENHOUSE EFFECT LAB: Demonstrate the greenhouse effect on your table top using a teacher-tested procedure.
• CAUSES OF CLIMATE CHANGE: How our atmosphere works and how greenhouse gas emissions are affecting it.
• ADDRESSING CLIMATE CHANGE: Students engage in problem-solving activities that examine ways to reduce our contribution to climate change.
• SAVING ENERGY AT HOME: Your students will be provided with materials to help them study energy use at home, reduce their carbon footprint, and lower energy bills.