Registration is open for Summer 2019 Workshops
Who: Middle School and High School Teachers interested in introducing Computer Science to students.
What: 9 Professional Learning Days (CTLE Credit Available) from Code.org trained Facilitators
TeacherCode is WNY STEM Hub’s 5-day teacher workshop
Teacher Sandbox Sessions are 4 booster workshops during the academic year
When: July 29 – August 2, 2019 (TeacherCode – the comprehensive 5-day training for CSP and CSD)
Four Dates for Teacher Sandbox Sessions in 2019-20 will be announced
Where: SUNY Fredonia, Thompson Hall, 280 Central Ave, Fredonia, NY 14063
- 58% of new NYS STEM jobs are in computing but only 8% of college grads are in computer science
- Of NYS grads in NYS, only 18% are women
- 32,000 NYS jobs in computer science idle as unfilled, 4.6 times the average job demand
- The average computer science annual salary in NYS is $100,813.
How: Registration will open at Code.org in mid-October. WNY STEM Hub members will be alerted via our ENews. Not a member yet? Sign up for our free membership at https://wnystem.org/join-our-mailing-list/.
What’s Included: The $600 registration fee in 2019-20 is discounted, for this year only, due to support received by WNY STEM Hub as a designated Regional Partner from Code.org. State funding and BOCES aid may be applicable. Teachers without BOCES aid or school support may qualify for a full scholarship. In addition to 9 days of top-quality training from Code.org authorized Facilitators, you will receive:
- CTLE Credit
- Coaching Advice Outside of Training from Code.org Facilitators
- Connections to Real-World Applications and Resources
- Breakfast and Lunch at Each Day of Training
- All Curriculum Prepared by code.org (detailed daily lesson plans, student activities and assessments).
- Meets APSI requirements; Get support in submitting your AP CSP syllabus for CSP
Contact Facilitators for More Info:
Bobbi Delbello (for Northern Counties), firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Thomas (for Southern Counties), email@example.com