WNY STEM Hub’s volunteer board reflects our broad, cross sector membership, and provides governance and strategic direction, along with passion and enthusiasm for STEM learning.
Board of Directors
Dr. Michelle Kavanaugh, Retired Superintendent of Schools
Vice President for Programs
Joanne Colmerauer, Dean of Arts & Sciences, Erie Community College
Dr. Joseph Zawicki, Associate Professor of Science Education, SUNY Buffalo State College
Susan Tapani, MBA, LSSGB, Vice President of Marketing, Consumer Deposits, M&T Bank
Mark Casell, CEM, LEED AP, Operations Manager, Siemens Industry, Inc.
Ms. Lisa Coppola, Esq., Attorney at Law, The Coppola Law Firm
Dr. Richard Hershberger, Chief Academic Officer, Roswell Park Cancer Institute and Dean, Roswell Park Graduate Division, University at Buffalo Graduate School
Dr. Michael Jabot, Professor of Science Education, SUNY Fredonia
Lee Rosen, Cryonegenic Systems and Engineering R&D, Praxair, Inc.
Dr. Letitia Thomas, Director of STEM Diversity Programs, University at Buffalo
Robin Wolfgang, Vice President Communications, Citi
Emeritus Board Member
Dr. Rodney Doran, Professor Emeritus of Science Education, University at Buffalo
Ex-Officio Board Members
Dr. Gene Morse, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS, SUNY Buffalo Distinguished Professor – Pharmacy Practice (Medicine, Pediatrics); Co-Director SUNY Global Health Institute; Director, Center for Integrated Global Biomedical Sciences; Director, Translational Pharmacology Research Core; NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, University at Buffalo
Michael Weiner, President and CEO, United Way of Buffalo & Erie County
Melodie Baker, Director of Education, United Way of Buffalo & Erie County
Cherie Messore, Executive Director
Vickie Mellody, Administrative Assistant
Thank you to these community members who provide guidance and advocacy for the WNY STEM Hub.
- William Andrews, President & Managing Director, Monofrax
- Joseph Asselta, Managing Director, Citi
- Ulla Bak, President, BAK USA
- Sharon Belton-Cottman, Vice President, Buffalo Public Schools Board of Education
- Robert Bennett, New York State Regents Chancellor Emeritus
- Keith Blakely, President & CEO, Inventure, Inc
- Christine Carr, Executive Director of Computers for Children
- Dr. Craig Clark, Vice President for Economic Development, SUNY Alfred State
- Peter Coleman, Executive Director, Buffalo-Niagara Manufacturing Alliance
- Russell Etzenhouser, CEO/Scout Executive of the Greater Niagara Frontier Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Dr. Wayne Gall, Regional Entomologist, NYS Department of Health
- Dr. Christine Givner, Dean of the College of Education, SUNY Fredonia
- Heather Gresham, JD, Executive Director of the Workforce Investment Board, Buffalo & Erie
- Dr. Steve Harvey, Executive Director, WNY Consortium of Higher Education
- Dr. David Hilmey, Dean of Arts & Sciences, St. Bonaventure University
- John Jakubowski, Workforce Development Consultant for Science, Technology & Advanced Manufacturing Park
- Mary Jean Jakubowski, Library System Director, Buffalo & Erie County Public Library
- Andrew Kornacki, Chief of Public Affairs, Army Corps of Engineers
- Carrie Kahn, Executive Dean of Workforce Development, Erie Community College
- Kenneth Kujawa, Manager of Customer & Community Management, National Grid
- Dr. Carmen Manella, Research Scientist at Wadsworth Center, NYS Department of Health
- Dr. Gene Morse, Co-Director SUNY Global Health Institute, Director, UB Center for Integrated Global Health Sciences, Director, Translational Pharmacology Research Core (Hub Steward)
- Dr. David O’Rourke, District Superintendent, Erie #2 BOCES
- John Partsch, Regional Account Executive for Building Technologies, Siemens
- Dr. Wendy Paterson, Dean of the School of Education, Buffalo State College
- Lynda Quick, Esq., District Superintendent, Cattaraugus-Allegany BOCES
- Jean Schrader, Dean of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics at Jamestown Community College
- Robin Selino, Senior Manager, CPA, CGMA, Arcara Zucarelli Lenda & Associates, CPA’s, PC
- Dr. Mark Severson, Dean – School of Natural & Social Sciences, SUNY Buffalo State College
- John E. Shinn, Director, United Steelworkers, District 4
- John Ticco, Executive Vice President, Campus Construction, Inc.
- Edward Tierney, Vice President & General Manager, K-TECHnologies
- Todd Tranum, President, Manufacturing Association of the Southern Tier; President/CEO of the Chautauqua County Chamber of Commerce; President/CEO of Dream It! Do It! WNY
- Michael Weiner, President, United Way of Buffalo & Erie County
- Jesse Wendell, Vice President, Wendel Companies
- Marisa Wigglesworth, Executive Director, Buffalo Museum of Science
- Dr. John Williams, Dean of the School of Architecture, Management and Engineering Technology, SUNY Alfred State
- Dr. W. Sam Yi, Medical Director, OCC Oncology
More than 700 members and 300 organizations representing PreK-12 Education, Higher Education, Business/Industry, Informal Learning Institutions, Government, Professional Organizations and Statewide/National STEM Resources are members of the WNY STEM Hub. At this time, there is no cost to join: we ask for you to be like-minded, open to collaboration, and willing to network and share as we work together to advance STEAM learning in our five county region.
Members convene at our Monthly Themed Programs, held from September to May. These meetings provide our members with an opportunity to network, share best practices, and engage.
Please join us! Visit the Contact Us page.