More than 950 members and 300 organizations representing PreK-12 Education, Higher Education, Business/Industry, Informal Learning Institutions, Government, Professional Organizations and Statewide/National STEM Resources are members of the WNY STEM Hub.
At this time, there is no cost to join: we ask for you to be like-minded, open to collaboration, and willing to network and share as we work together to advance STEAM learning in our five-county region.
Members convene at our STEM Sessions, Learning Tours, and other programs from September to May. These gatherings provide our members with an opportunity to network, share best practices, and engage.
Please join us! Visit the Contact Us page.
You may also sponsor a STEM Session or any of our programs. Your investment will be cited on the invitation (950+ impressions), in our social media, in ENews blasts to our membership, and you may play a role in the program, too. Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WNY STEM Hub’s volunteer board reflects our broad, cross-sector membership, and provides governance and strategic direction, along with passion and enthusiasm for STEM learning.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Dr. Joseph Zawicki, Associate Professor of Science Education, SUNY Buffalo State College
Joanne Colmerauer, Dean of Arts & Sciences, SUNY Erie
Mary Holler, Vice President & Chief Information Officer, Integer
David Wesolowski, CPA, Controller, North Forest Office Space
Mark Casell, CEM, LEED, AP, Operations Manager, Siemens Industry, Inc.
Dr. Richard Hershberger, Chief Academic Officer, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center and Dean, Roswell Park Graduate Division, University at Buffalo Graduate School
Dr. Michael Jabot, Professor of Science Education, SUNY Fredonia
Dr. Lee Rosen, Executive Director-Cryonegenic Systems and Engineering R&D, Praxair, Inc.
Susan Tapani, MBA, LSSGB, Vice President of Marketing, Consumer Deposits, M&T Bank
Dr. Letitia Thomas, Director of STEM Diversity Programs, University at Buffalo
Emeritus Board Members
Dr. Rodney Doran, Professor Emeritus of Science Education, University at Buffalo
Dr. Michelle Kavanaugh, Retired Superintendent of Schools
Ex-Officio Board Members
Melodie Baker, Director of Education, United Way of Buffalo & Erie County
Dr. Gene Morse, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS, SUNY Buffalo Distinguished Professor – Pharmacy Practice (Medicine, Pediatrics); Co-Director SUNY Global Health Institute; Director, Center for Integrated Global Biomedical Sciences; Director, Translational Pharmacology Research Core; NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, University at Buffalo
Michael Weiner, President and CEO, United Way of Buffalo & Erie County
Dr. Xiao-Ning Zhang, Director of Biochemistry Program, St. Bonaventure University
Acting Executive Director
Dr. Michelle Kavanaugh, Retired Superintendent of Schools
Vickie Mellody, Administrative Assistant
Scott Read, Director of Career Exploration Partnership
Thank you to these community members who provide guidance and advocacy for the WNY STEM Hub.
- Cheri Alvarez, MS,Chief Program Officer, Compeer of Greater Buffalo
- William Andrews, President & Managing Director, Monofrax
- Joseph Asselta, Managing Director, Citi
- Sharon Belton-Cottman, Vice President, Buffalo Public Schools Board of Education
- Robert Bennett, New York State Regents Chancellor Emeritus
- Nick Canaple, Engineer, MOOG, Inc.
- Christine Carr, Executive Director of Computers for Children
- Dr. Craig Clark, Vice President for Economic Development, SUNY Alfred State
- Peter Coleman, Executive Director, Buffalo-Niagara Manufacturing Alliance
- Alison Wilcox, CEO, Girl Scouts of WNY
- Russell Etzenhouser, CEO/Scout Executive of the Greater Niagara Frontier Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Dr. Wayne Gall, Regional Entomologist, NYS Department of Health
- Dr. Christine Givner, Dean of the College of Education, SUNY Fredonia
- Heather Gresham, JD, Executive Director of the Workforce Investment Board, Buffalo & Erie
- Dr. Steve Harvey, Executive Director, WNY Consortium of Higher Education
- Dr. David Hilmey, Dean of Arts & Sciences, St. Bonaventure University
- John Jakubowski, Workforce Development Consultant for Science, Technology & Advanced Manufacturing Park
- Mary Jean Jakubowski, Library System Director, Buffalo & Erie County Public Library
- Andrew Kornacki, Chief of Public Affairs, Army Corps of Engineers
- Kenneth Kujawa, Manager of Customer & Community Management, National Grid
- Ricky Luthra, Associate, Rupp, Baase, Pfalzgraf, Cunningham Attorneys
- Dr. Gene Morse, Co-Director SUNY Global Health Institute, Director, UB Center for Integrated Global Health Sciences, Director, Translational Pharmacology Research Core (Hub Steward)
- Dr. David O’Rourke, District Superintendent, Erie #2 BOCES
- John Partsch, Regional Account Executive for Building Technologies, Siemens
- Dr. Wendy Paterson, Dean of the School of Education, Buffalo State College
- Dr. Suzanne Rosenblith, Dean, Graduate School of Education, University at Buffalo
- Jean Schrader, Dean of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics at Jamestown Community College
- Robin Selino, Senior Manager, CPA, CGMA, Arcara Zucarelli Lenda & Associates, CPA’s, PC
- John E. Shinn, Director, United Steelworkers, District 4
- John Ticco, Executive Vice President, Campus Construction, Inc.
- Todd Tranum, President, Manufacturing Association of the Southern Tier; President/CEO of the Chautauqua County Chamber of Commerce; President/CEO of Dream It! Do It! WNY
- Keith Vona, Junior Partner, Lipsitz and Ponterio
- Michael Weiner, President, United Way of Buffalo & Erie County
- Aliesa Adelman, Associate Principal & Director of Sustainability, Wendel Companies
- Marisa Wigglesworth, Executive Director, Buffalo Museum of Science
- Dr. John Williams, Dean of the School of Architecture, Management and Engineering Technology, SUNY Alfred State
- William Zografos, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP, CCAA, PK-12 Lead, CannonDesign