The WNY STEM Hub Board of Directors is searching for an Executive Director as Dr. Michelle Kavanaugh moves forward toward retirement in January. Please see the Full-Time job description below. Consider sharing this posting with anyone you know who might be interested and qualified. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying.
The WNY STEM Hub Executive Director must lead, advocate for, coordinate and champion innovation through STEM by mobilizing key community partners in delivering transformational programs that initiate a lifelong passion for STEM learning and careers. WNY STEM Hub has an extensive regional network of cross-sector relationships, is an initiative of the United Way of Buffalo and Erie County, the UB Center for Integrated Global Biomedical Sciences, the Empire State STEM Learning Network and is recognized internationally as a STEM Ecosystem and as a Regional Partner of Code.org.
EXTERNAL LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership for the organization and throughout the broader community on all issues related to STEM
- Bring together community leaders from all sectors to work in partnership on STEM/STEAM programs and build long-term sustained collaborations
- Build relationships with STEM leaders in the community and be aware of the latest developments within their respective fields
- Advocate for, and empower others to advocate for, greater STEM/STEAM learning
- Manage relationships with community leaders, funders, advocates and partners
INTERNAL LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the organization’s long-range planning process and implementation, focusing on building organizational capacity and sustainability
- Assist the Board to develop and oversee annual plans, budgets, priorities to support the mission and vision
- Lead the staff and independent contractors in the development, marketing, promotion and execution of program services to achieve financial, operational and programmatic goals
- Lead fundraising planning and implementation in identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals, and ensuring project completion
- Research, write and submit all grant applications to foundations, corporations, government agencies, and organizations
- Write, develop and present to individuals, foundations, corporations, government agencies, and organizations WNY STEM Hub’s short and long-term plans
- Manage the human and financial resources of the organization
- Inform and advise the Board and handle administrative responsibilities for the Board, as assigned
- Negotiate, develop and/or approve major contracts
- Serve as the chief spokesperson and provide a high degree of community visibility
- Seek out educational opportunities to keep aware of current standards and ideas in planning, non-profit management, audience development, and best practices
- Oversee all aspects of marketing, promotions, advertising, including press releases, newsletters, interviews, website and social media
- Other duties as assigned by the Board
Four-year degree minimum; advanced degree preferred.
Three years experience in organizational leadership; preference for a background in Education or STEM.
For more information and to apply please email your resume to email@example.com