Registration is open for Summer 2019 Workshops
Middle School and High School Teachers interested in introducing Computer Science to students are invited to attend 9 professional learning days from Code.org trained facilitators. Courses include TeacherCode, WNY STEM Hub’s 5-day teacher workshop, and Teacher Sandbox Sessions, four booster workshops scheduled during the academic year. Scholarships are available!
TeacherCode will be scheduled for July 29 – August 2, 2019 and the four dates for Teacher Sandbox Sessions occurring in 2019-20 will be later announced. All training will take place in Thompson Hall at SUNY Fredonia, 280 Central Ave., Fredonia, NY 14063.
In addition to 9 days of top-quality training from Code.org authorized Facilitators, you will receive:
- CTLE Credits
- Coaching Advice Outside of Training from Code.org Facilitators
- Connections to Real-World Applications and Resources
- Breakfast and Lunch at Each Day of Training
- All Curriculum Prepared by code.org (detailed daily lesson plans, student activities and assessments).
- Meets APSI requirements; Get support in submitting your AP CSP syllabus for CSP
Teachers may qualify for a scholarship upon approval of their principal.
Registration is open through May 8.